Our Family Centre
The Centre’s function is to empower our community to enable improvement in their own lives. This can be through the programs and events offered at the centre, in the community and through the referral services we offer.
The Centre has been offering programs for over 25 years and we pride ourselves on being warm, inclusive and welcoming to all members of the community.
The Centre’s office is open Monday to Friday 9:30am to 1:30pm to assist the community. Information about events and workshops offered can be found in the events section of this website or on our facebook page.
- 2 Large Air-conditioned and heated activity areas
- Kitchen facilities with crockery for refreshments
- Fenced outdoor play area with sandpit and children’s play equipment
- Level access for differently abled people
- Group storage facilities
- Equipment such as overhead projector, TV/Video
- Fully maintained gardens and lawns
- Tables / chairs
- Substantial off street parking
Programs & Associations
- 3 year-old Kindy (2 1/2 to 4-year-old Children)
- Forest Lakes Playgroups
- Discovery Club (2 to 4-year-old Children)
- Boomerang Bags
- Forest Lakes Child Health Nurses
- Gosnells District Bridge Club
- Forest Lakes Weight Watchers Inc
- Forest Lakes Uniting Church
- Western Australia Board Games Association
- Sporting Clubs
- Computer help for seniors
- Workshops and events
- Community support programs, referal services and much more.
The centre was officially opened by the Hon Yvonne Henderson MLA on November 28 1992 as a joint project with the City of Gosnells and the Government of Western Australia. When the centre opened, it provided services such as 4-year-old kindy, playgroups, social and craft groups for adults.
The centre now offers services to nearly 300 families, including: Playgroups, 3-year-old kindy, discovery club (2 to 4-year-old children), Child Health nurses, Bridge Club, Weight Watchers Federation, Uniting Church, Western Australia Board Games Association, sporting clubs, workshops, community support programs and referral services.
Our Vision & Purpose
“To provide a welcoming and inclusive environment where our community can participate in activities that enhance health and social well being.”
The Centre strives to achieve this through interactions, education and participation that will empower our community to enable improvement in their own lives.
Offer members of the community high quality evolving programmes that empower them and create social connections.
Support a culture of social inclusion through engaging with individuals and families of all ages and enhancing individual strengths and skills.
Offer a Place-based Space that gives a sense of belonging where the community can feel safe.
Offer a resource and information centre referral centre relevant to the needs of the community.